Things that Entertain or Enlighten Me - Travel In the USA, Dining, Recipes, Good Reading

Saturday, January 14, 2006

A Few Things I enjoy

Dear Friends,
Glad you came.
When I am having friends over and everyone runs late, I imagine, for just a second, that no one is coming. Well, this is my first day to keep an online journal or blog and I am imagining no one is coming to read this. So why am I doing this? In hopes . . . . . .
and I love to write. And, this is important, I think I have something to say for those who enjoy eating, traveling in the USA and England, and reading a variety of fiction and nonfiction. I read with my eyes and my ears ( books on CD) and sometimes a book is best enjoyed as a movie.
I enjoy many things, but traveling and eating are right up there at the top of my list. Reading - be it books or blogs, is one of my favorite things and it creeps into my letters too. I like to travel to enjoy nature, to enjoy specific activities like walking or dining, and to learn about something - love American and English history. I will always write about places I've really been - whether it's a town, a restaurant, a resort, a quilt show, a garden, a spa, or a shop. And usually they will be places in the USA that I will have experienced myself. If I haven't been there, I will tell you that. Most of my posts will be about what works, what was fun, what was good. I don't care to spend time on what didn't work or was a dissappointment. I will write about recipes I use and books I've read; not what I've read about. You can count on me like you would a friend.


Today I am grateful for so many things. The sunrise, my health, my silky, blue-eyed cat curled up on my desk, my geen eyed husband who makes me laugh. He made Pork Chop Osso Buco for supper tonight with a little chopping, prep work, cleanup help from me. It was marvelous! Recipe to follow another day.

Take care,
MaggiegGladYouCame