Things that Entertain or Enlighten Me - Travel In the USA, Dining, Recipes, Good Reading

Friday, February 17, 2006

List of lists of books by genre


Dear Friend,
I'm glad you have a few minutes to read this now.

Today's short journal entry is about choosing what to read next. When I am deciding what to read I usually check my mood before I purchase, because so often my enjoyment of a book has to do with if that book is what I need at that time.
This link leads to a very handy list of lists. Let's say I want to read a gentle, cozy mystery or maybe a "can't put it down" medical thriller. These lists are of the authors of particular genres. I am reading a P. D. James mystyery right now and have recently read The Kite Runner, two very different types of books. One of them would not have meet my need for a gentle cozy mystery. I'm sometimes wanting to relax more and will choose a slowly paced book. Other times I might want something relevant to current events or something I can't put down. So here's a link that helps me find the kind of book I'm looking for.
www.waterborolibrary.org

What have you read that was really good? Something that surprised you or made you think or maybe you just couldn't put it down. You may get your suggestion published here by leaving a comment. I do look over them prior to their posting to keep objectional material out of my journal.

I am grateful for time to read. I remember when I was a little girl and my big sister subscribed to a book club for me. Every month or so a new book came. I loved it. I like to send magazine subscriptions as gifts now, because I know that the gift will come 6 to 12 times a year which is fun.

Take care,

Maggiegladyoucame



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home