Things that Entertain or Enlighten Me - Travel In the USA, Dining, Recipes, Good Reading

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Flight Stopovers

Dear Friend,

The Chicago Tribune has a very interesting article about flight "stopovers" that tells about how to include a second or even third city to a trip without spending much more (or some times any more)money. "According to Terry Trippler, a former travel agent and Minneapolis-based airline industry guru with Cheapseats.com, "a stopover occurs domestically when you arrive at one point and don't depart that point on the next available flight, or, within four hours, whichever comes first, for your final destination. Internationally, it's six hours or the next available flight." That quote is directly from the chicago Tribune article. Multi-flight tickets are also discussed in the article. More on this later. I have had one flight with a stopover in London on my way to Ireland from the United States scheduled, simply because I was flying with frequent flyer miles and couldn't find a seat with my miles on a more direct flight. Unfortunately that trip had to be cancelled so I didn't get to try out the stopover experience. As I try new things, I'll let you know what my experience is.


I found the Chicago Tribune article on www.Johnnyjet.com which is in my links list as a great place to read about travel "how-to." The link to the Chicago Trib article is at the bottom of this letter. If you have purposely used stop overs, I'd love to hear from you - we all would, so post your comments. I have opened the comments so that anyone, not just members of blogspot, can comment. I'm hoping that will give us some good discussion.

Love writing these.

Chicago Tribune article about stop overs.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/chi-0603250133mar26,1,7796164.story?coll=chi-travel-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Take care

Maggiegladyoucame

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home