Things that Entertain or Enlighten Me - Travel In the USA, Dining, Recipes, Good Reading

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mama Cooks - Betsy Block - wonderful cooking site


Dear friend,
I think this almost pure chocolate cookie is one of the best I've ever put in my mouth. I found the recipe on Mamacooks - a once a week cooking blog. Mamacooks author Bestsy Block got the recipe from a the chef at a desserts only restaurant, Finale, in Boston. Since I must go through Boston in September on my way to New Hampshire for a wedding, I think I will get to eat at Finale. These cookies remind me, in texture, of Chocolate Crinkles which was my younger son's favorite cookie when he was young. But these are so much more chocolatey and they don't have the powdered sugar on the outside that the Crinkle has, although you could add it, if you like the contrasting taste it provides. Trust me this recipe is worth the calories. Besides when I occasionally make something that is sweet, I can always find people to share it with so that I don't eat it all. This chocolate cookie is the only recipe that I've tried from this site, but Betsy Block (Mama Cooks) is a professional food writer and I will try some of her others. I think the blueberries and cream sounds wonderful and easy. I love easy. To find that one look in stories - the recipe is with a story. I'd like to try the gazpacho recipe too. And since I personalize most recipes, I think I might add celery. My husband is going to want to try the mussels.
In addition to her recipes, I enjoy the small personal portraits of her family she creates with a minimum of words. If you enjoy eating and cooking this site is worth a peek.

Cloudy and cool this morning. What great memories my mom's brownies are. I still make those just like she did.

Take care,

Maggiegladyoucame


http://www.mamacooks.com/index.php?page=stories&display=135


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home