Things that Entertain or Enlighten Me - Travel In the USA, Dining, Recipes, Good Reading

Monday, March 13, 2006

Bugattis, Duesenbergs in Florida

Dear Friend,
The top picture is of a Bugatti. The second picture is of a 1931 or 1932
Duesenberg and the bottom picture is of a Dupont of about the same vintage. These are just three of the cars shown at the Amelia Island Concours de Elegance on Sunday March 12, 2006. The Dupont's hood ornament is crystal and it is an eagle's head. I will post a closer picture of that in my next blog. They are beautiful cars. The Bugatti - looks, well, just a little bit sinister somehow. But of course it too is elegant.


I am having a good time wandering about Florida. We left Amelia Island today with so much undone that I wanted to do - so I know we
will be back. We've in Clearwater now for a couple of days after a stop in St. Augustine to tour the Lightner Museum. Much turn of the century -Victorian era memoribilia at the Lightner. I took pictures of just a small fraction of what we saw but it was interesting. That's a time period that I have read about some - and find fascinating.

More pictures to follow soon.

Aren't these new digital cameras wonderful ! I enjoy using this camera immensely.

Take care,

MaggieGladYouCame
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home