Things that Entertain or Enlighten Me - Travel In the USA, Dining, Recipes, Good Reading

Friday, April 21, 2006

"Take the Lead" - Antonio Banderas, Music, Dance and Hope

Dear Friend,
I'm just spent 2 hours in a movie that is going to be a bore for cynics but a fun two hours for most of the rest of us. If you enjoy music and dance, young people, and want to see how one person enables hope in others then go to "Take the Lead." I thought I was going to see Antonio Banderas become John Travolta as in "Grease." But that wasn't what this movie was about. The story is inspired by Pierre DuLaine who successfully took ballroom dancing into the New York City public schools to the kids in detention. Yes it's a predictable story - sometimes that's what I want - but it I was toe tapping half way through the picture or before and left it feeling great.

I am grateful for a friend that wanted to go with me. I have good memories of my Mom and I going to the movie on Saturday or Sunday afternoons.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Take care,

Maggiegladyoucame

1 Comments:

  • Haven't seen it, but it looks pretty good. And, I'm a guy. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

    Chris 9My Blog)

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home