Things that Entertain or Enlighten Me - Travel In the USA, Dining, Recipes, Good Reading

Monday, March 13, 2006

More of Amelia Isaland Concours de Elegance

Dear Friend,
As you know my husband and I were at Amelia Island, Florida at the 2006 Concours de Elegance. Vintage and antique cars of all ilks are on display, and all are some of the best of their breed. The top picture starts with Jim Hall's retired Can-Am car - the number 66. It is the first of a row of Can-Am race cars. In my last note you saw some of the older cars. The oldest - probably the Stanley Steamers - were from the beginning of the 20th century.

This afternoon when we were in slowly, slowly, slowly moving traffic I was grateful that I live in a small town. But of course they have traffic in Florida because they have so many interesting places to go.

We enjoyed the azaleas today. Made me want to weep because the azaleas growning in the cornor at the gas station grow better than they would in our alkaline soil at home. The azaleas are in full bloom. They are as pink as the clouds near the horizon at sunset when there's dust in the air and it turns the sky lavendar and pink.
Thank you for reading . I am grateful for you.

Take care,

MaggieGladYouCame
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home