Things that Entertain or Enlighten Me - Travel In the USA, Dining, Recipes, Good Reading

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Free photo software, Easy to use, Safe


Dear Friend,
I’m glad you are here.
Wondering why I'm writing about free software in a blog about traveling and eating? But of course I love to take pictures as I travel. I've found that if I am selective and don't overload an album with too many pictures that people will pick them up off the table and really seem to enjoy looking at them. Of course my real objective is put just enough pictures in the album to tell the story so that we (my husband and I) or who ever went on the trip, can relive the experience.

I've downloaded Picasa free from Google, and what a tremendous photo management software that is! It's very user friendly – I didn’t even need to read instructions. Picasa has retrieved every image or graphic on my computer so that I don’t have to remember what the file name is or where I put whatever picture I’m looking for. It doesn’t actually move your pictures but is an index of your pictures by date and by image. If you’re like me you have more than one file named “My Pictures” and more than one photo software. I have the software that came with my printer/scanner. Then there’s the software that came with my digital camera and the software that came on the computer. I have used all of them to compare them and have pictures stored in more than one place. Sometimes I have pictures in a stored file other than “My Pictures” also. Picasa has made using my photographs so easy and the editing tools have worked better than any of the other programs I have – of course it’s newer too. You can find Picasa by going to Google. The link for reading more about picasa or downloading it is at the bottom of this page. Everyone I’ve told about it has downloaded it and they really use it. It is how I get the pictures in my blogs.

I’m grateful for the rain today – Lovely cool day with good rain. We have been so dry.

Take Care,

MaggieGladYouCame

http://picasa.google.com/



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home